Are Cancellation Policies Different When Flying Private During Peak Dates?
Peak days are the worst times to travel, even if you have the luxury of using private aviation. There are a lot of people at the airport and aircraft availability is unreliable.
During these peak-flying periods of the year, aircraft carriers and private jet companies are notoriously strict when it comes to late private jet cancellations. If you have no choice but to travel on actual peak dates, you have to make sure that you make it to that flight.
This is in stark contrast to how private jet companies handle their cancellation policy on non-designated peak days.
Apart from benefits such as affordable hourly rates, the lowest price for tickets, and generous roundtrip discounts seven days a week, avoiding high-demand periods also means if you decide to cancel your flight, the reception will be a lot more favorable.
It is, for this reason, smart buyers map out their traveling plans long before their projected flying date arrives, knowing too that the definition of “designated peak days” varies from one private jet company to the next.
How Do Cancellation Policies for Private Jets Work?
The specific cancellation policy of each private jet airline carrier differs from one to the next.
However, in most cases, the cancellation policy detailed on your Aerial Jets private jet is structured as follows:
- Canceling a flight that is more than two days (48 hours) away will result in a cancellation fee of around 30% of the private charter charges
- All cancellations of flights departing less than 48 hours but more than 24 hours will carry a 50% cancellation fee
- If it is an emergency and you are forced to cancel a flight that is less than 24 hours away, you should expect to pay up to 75% plus any other non-refundable deposits you may have paid
How to Avoid Last-Minute Flight Cancellations
The best way to deal with peak day policies when airlines struggle to cover high demand periods is to avoid canceling in the first place, which you can do by:
- Booking your flights on time, every time
- Making all necessary travel arrangements, such as where you will stay upon arrival
- Carefully read and understand the flight details on your ticket
- Leaving home early in case there is traffic
- Informing your family, friends, and colleagues of your expected travel plans
Make Cancelling Private Flights Easier!
If you have no choice but to cancel a flight at the last minute, the process can be made slightly easier for you, even on peak days, if you managed to plan in the following ways:
Choose the Right Private Jet Services Group
Customer services are the backbone of the private jet industry. The reason why you pay so much is so that you can enjoy better treatment when you need it most. Choose a private jet company that will be more understanding when you have a genuine reason for breaching their cancellation policy on peak days.
Reserve Private Flights on Time
If you make your reservations ahead of time, you will have the chance to cancel the flight early enough to avoid paying a high cancellation fee.
Avoid Peak Days if Possible
This is an obvious solution given how much easier and cheaper it is to travel on non-peak days.
Read the Cancellation Policy
Make sure you fully understand every minute detail of the cancellation policy before you confirm your flight arrangements, especially the policy on cancellations that are done on peak days.
Choose Aerial Jets for World Class Service Even on Peak Days!
If you are not willing to settle for anything but the very best of jet aviation, choose Aerial Jets as your trusted air partner. With flexible terms and a fair cancellation policy, this is the right charter to place your trust in today!